| RSP-850M is the perfect compliment for a wide variety of shots
RSP-850M is the perfect compliment for a wide variety of shots
Director Of Photography
Commercial and Film
Red Epic Dragon / RSP-850M and more
- About the shooter
- Colton Bostick is an experienced Director of Photography with a wide variety of knowledge in filming subjects such as Feature Films, Commercials, Weddings, Sports,
Concerts, Drama, and more. Colton is also an accomplished video editor, having put together a huge array of sports and action related videos.
- Name and content of the work piece
- Multiple works: wedding, commercial, events, and more
- Place of filming
- Thrall, Texas
- How did Libec product help your work?
- Having a tripod head that can support a camera, and keep it counterbalanced is essential when needing to quickly knock out shots, and with a 30lb camera setup the RSP-850M is the perfect compliment.
- For what kind of scene effect did you choose Libec product?
- I love the stable, smooth moves I can get with my Libec tripods, and whether I'm on a tripod, dolly, or crane always try to make use of them.
- How do you feel about Libec product?
- I have been using Libec tripods since 2010, and have always been very pleased with their performance and cost.
The Libec RSP-850M is the largest tripod system I have ever used. My tripods have been getting bigger since my initial Libec purchase in 2010. My upgrade path has been: Libec LS-22DV, Libec RS-250, Libec RS-350, Libec RS-450, Libec LX10, and now Libec RSP-850M. The RHP85 head comes with 2 plates, which is a first in my experience with Libec products, a standard sized one and an extra-long plate for more finite weight balancing. The screws are all 3/8”. It also comes with a tripod handle which is great to have if you need to add controls like servo zoom, and focus. 7 levels of torque on the pan and tilt is fantastic, I can really dial in exactly what I want for a shot now.
The counterbalance is also superb, I have a 30lb Red Epic that is very front heavy, and have it perfectly counterbalanced now. Also as a bonus this head will fit on the dana dolly with no need for a washer as the bottom Libec screw plate is a big enough diameter for the hole. I am very pleased with my RSP-850M, and If I needed another I would not hesitate to pick one up.