| Western Dressage Shows Filmed with Perfect Counterbalance and Smooth Torque
Western Dressage Shows Filmed with Perfect Counterbalance and Smooth Torque
Simi Valley, California, USA
Equine Event Coverage/ Educational
RS-450D with JVC GY-HM600 ProHD
- About the shooter
- I'm a freelance videographer that films Western Dressage shows.
After the rider completes a given test, I provide them with a DVD so they can see where their errors were via the judge's notes. I also film private horse back riding lessons so the student can go over the ride with the trainer afterwards.
- Name and content of the work piece
- Private Horse Back Riding Lesson
- Place of filming
- Foresee Horse Company, Moonpark, California
- How did Libec product help your work?
- Equestrian events can have durations anywhere from 5-10 minutes up to an hour. Lessons tend to be more towards an hour. For the long durations of tracking a rider, a smooth panning and tilting tripod head is a requirement. Also, a reliable zoom controller that has variable speed options.
- For what kind of scene effect did you choose Libec product?
- Consistent and smooth panning/tilting. A zoom controller that can adjust its speed on fly with a flip of a switch.
- How do you feel about Libec product?
- With the smaller camera system that I use, the RH45D was able to carry it without overpowering it. The pan and tilt function has no give at any of it variable resistances. For the zoom controller, it just keeps on going and I've never had to do a recalibration on it once. Libec products are products that I can grab at anytime and know with
confidence that they work.